Thursday 18 April 2013

Book Review - 'A Walk To Remember' By Nicholas Sparks




“Love is like the wind, you can't see it but you can feel it.”

 A bit of a different post today, I wanted to share with you all one of the most moving books that I have ever read.

 ‘A walk to remember’ by Nicholas Sparks tells the tale of Landon Carter the popular boy and Jamie Sullivan the Minister’s daughter who spends her free time reading the bible and volunteering at the local orphanage, two 17 year olds living in a small town in North Carolina in 1958.

 The story is told from the eyes of Landon as he reflects on his life some 40 years later. When I first began to read this book I thought it would be difficult to get in to the mindset of a 17 year old boy. However I was wrong, the book is written in such a beautiful way that encaptures you into the story.

 I love books that you can really get in to, ones that you can imagine the characters so vividly and that you don’t want to put down as you can’t wait to know what happens next.

 This is not your typical boy meets girl story. It will have you smiling, crying and feeling a whole load of emotions in between.

 One of the most beautiful and impactful books that I have ever read and highly recommend it to anyone.

   Have you got any book recommendations that you think I should read?


4 comments:

  1. I think I will definitely pick this up I've always loved Nicholas Sparks as an author every since The Notebook & have read a lot more of his books! I would recommend anything you haven't read by him :)

    K
    http://lifethoughtsfunlush.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will definitely read more stuff by him, this one is just amazing! x

      Delete
  2. oh I loved this book! Nicholas Sparks always draws a tear to the eye. Have you read Safe Haven?

    xoxo

    Judith
    http://greatlittlefinds.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, will add it to the reading list!
      Kirsty x

      Delete