Friday 30 January 2015

Healthy Snacking with Nakd

One of my New Years resolutions was to not eat cakes, chocolate, sweets and crisps during the week. I have to say I am doing quite well. Sure I have the odd slip up and might have a cheeky biscuit but when you compare this to how I was eating before when I was eating crisps and chocolate every day I think I am doing a good job.
 One of the main things I usually find difficult when choosing healthier options is snacking and foods that I can have with my lunch.
Last year I discovered Nakd bars and since my mini health kick I have been eating more of them to cure my sweet cravings!
So what are Nakd bars? Well, Nakd bars are raw fruit and nut bars. When I first read this I was not too sure as I don’t like nuts but I gave them a go anyway and I am so glad I did! Basically they are whole foods squashed together with no added sugar or syrups and as strange as this may sound they are absolutely delicious.
 Nakd bars are gluten, wheat and dairy free and are basically free from nasties. I will give you an example of the ingredients. The Cocoa Orange bar contains  40% dates, 40% cashews, 14% raisins, 5% cocoa and a hint of natural orange and chocolate flavouring.
 I love these bars and they hit just the right spot when I am craving something sweet. They do not taste like fruit and nuts as all, in fact most of them I have found taste like cakes! The flavours that I have tried already include, cocoa orange, cocoa mint, cashew cookie, gingerbread and cocoa crunch. All of them I have enjoyed and the fact that they contain minimal saturated fats and no nasty ingredients make them even better!
Have you tried Nakd bars? Which flavours would you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment