Sunday 22 March 2015

My Evening Skin Care Routine


For me getting my skin care routing right is so important. As much as makeup can do to hide imperfections and the areas that you do not like it can only go so far. Your skin is the base for your look and if I can get away with using less makeup in favour of having a better skin care routine then I am all for it!
 
First things first is to take off the wall paint! I use a cleansing butter or balm to take off my makeup. I am currently using the B.Clean Melting Gel Cleanser from Superdrug. It works to melt away my makeup ready to cleanse my skin.
I use another cleanser after I have taken off my makeup as I find it just helps to make my skin extra clean and ensures there are absolutely no traces of any makeup left. I like the Spotless Skin Triple Action face wash by Simple. I love Simple products as my skin has always reacted well to them. This particular one has spot fighting ingredients as I can suffer from spots and redness and this helps to combat that.

Next I go in with an eye cream. I am only 25 but I think prevention is better than cure when it comes to the signs of ageing! I have been using an eye cream for about 6 months and I have to say it has helped with dryness and now I would not go without one. I have a lighter treatment for during the day but I like something a bit more intense in the evening. I have been using the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye and it is a very luxurious eye cream, which has an almost gel like consistency. I received this is a gift set and as much as I do like it I probably would not buy it for myself as it is quite expensive.
So the next step depends on what day of the week it is. Twice a week I like to use an intense moisturiser, my weapon of choice is the Origins Drink Up mask. On the days in between I use the Origins High Potency Night-A-Mins Renewal cream. I love Origins products as they work wonders for my skin and they always smell amazing!
And that is that! I am definitely not one of those people who can sleep with makeup on. Even after a night out I need to get it all off, the thought of what it would do to my skin terrifies me! I have been using these products in my routine for a few months and my skin looks and feels great.
What do you use in your evening skin care routine?

No comments:

Post a Comment