Sunday 28 June 2015

Tanya Burr Lip Gloss 'Afternoon Tea'

tanya burr afternoon tea lipgloss
I have been looking for the perfect mid-tone pink lip gloss for ages. I had one which I bought years & years ago from Avon which I loved and when it ran out I was so upset as it had been discontinued. A couple of weeks ago I was trawling through the internet and blogs as I do when I saw this little beauty from Tanya Burr’s makeup line, it looked perfect! 
As soon as pay day came I logged on to the Superdrug website (got to collect those beauty card points!) and popped it in my shopping basket. A few days later it arrived and I was so excited!
tanya burr lipgloss swatch
First things first let’s talk about the applicator. I really like it, it is a sponge which has a bit of flex to it which allows you to apply the gloss easily, precisely and evenly. When applying the gloss I noticed that is smells really sweet, I can’t quite put my finger on what it smells like but it is definitely something that I recognise. Maybe some sort of pick & mix sweet?
Once applied the gloss did not disappoint! It is the perfect shade of pink, your lips but better. I absolutely love it! And the big test for lip glosses…wind! You are now probably thinking I’m a little bit crazy but one of the things I hate about lip glosses is when you go outside, it’s a bit windy and you end up with hair stuck to your lips. This lip gloss is not at all sticky so you are safe!
I really like this lip gloss and I think Tanya has put a lot of thought into it from the formula, to the packaging and even the scent. I will definitely have to buy a few of the other shades.
Have you tried any Tanya Burr products? What would you recommend?

4 comments:

  1. I haven't tried this shade but it looks lovely! I completely agree with you - Tanya really did think of every detail! Great review!

    Karolina.x
    www.brunette-wavez.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can definitely tell she's a beauty blogger! X

      Delete
  2. This shade sounds lovely! I have a few of these glosses and love them.

    Georgia

    georgiabelle10x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely be picking up some more! X

    ReplyDelete